Head on over to earth.nullschool.net to see animated global wind conditions and be prepared to spend a few minutes just staring; it's very hypnotic. How does it stack up to what you would expect wind patterns to look like? One thing that popped out to me was the clearly northward position of the ITCZ relative to the equator.
Very awesome animated map of current global wind conditions
Cortney Science & Technology + atmosphere, climate, earth science, winds
Leave a reply
More from my site
- Global wind, precipitation, ocean current patterns
- Easy Science: The Great Oxygenation Event
- Perpetual Ocean: hypnotic video of ocean surface currents
- Best trick for learning the seven crystal systems
- 12 great intro to optical mineralogy resources [updated]
- Just how old is EMS? A brief overview of interesting points
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.